ESA Animal

Landlords and property managers must make reasonable accommodations for tenants or prospective tenants with Emotional Support Animals, even if the apartment, does not allow pets. A reasonable fee may only be asked by the landlord if there is any damage to the property as a result of your animal, other wise not other fees may be imposed. Property managers are not allowed to charge emotional support animals additional fees since they are not considered pets.

Each property market may vary so its always best to call the property first to determine their requirements. For more information visit: ESA Registration and NSAR

All information provided is from sources deemed reliable, however is not meant for legal guidance. For legal advice please call Department of Justice: 800-514-0301 or Fair Housing Act: 800-669-9777